Dixie State College to Partner with Tuacahn for Winter Performances

Dixie State College officials and representatives from Tuacahn Center for the Arts announced Thursday a new collaboration between the two institutions to stage the holiday classic “White Christmas, The Musical” at the DSC Avenna Center Cox Auditorium in November and December of 2012. 

DSC President Dr. Stephen D. Nadauld and Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Cultural Arts Christina Schultz met with Tuacahn Artistic Director Scott A. Anderson and Managing Director Kevin Warnick to work out the final details and sign the agreement.

Tuacahn will present a total of 33 performances of “White Christmas, the Musical” next year, including 23 evening performances and 10 matinee engagements.  “This is a wonderful opportunity for our music and theater students,” President Nadauld said. “Bringing an equity company like Tuacahn to our campus provides valuable opportunities and offers our students professional work experience. 

“Many of our students who will take part in this production are music and theatre majors here at Dixie State,” Nadauld added. “These students will use this experience to enhance their studies and prepare them for careers in the performing arts or in education.” 

“‘White Christmas’ will feature the same caliber of professional and equity actors featured in our amphitheatre productions,” said Anderson. “We anticipate that many of the actors cast for ‘White Christmas’ will be veterans of the Broadway stage.”  

Warnick noted that as he and his staff prepare to cast the production, Tuacahn will look to DSC to provide advanced students with opportunities to audition for acting, orchestra or technical roles as interns or performers. 

“Tuacahn has had a long-standing, great relationship with Dixie State College and we look forward to expanding the relationship through the production of ‘White Christmas,’” Warnick added. 

“This partnership supports DSC’s mission to enhance the quality of life in the community by providing cultural opportunities,” Vice President Schultz said. “Dixie State strives to advance economic development through the creation of partnerships with arts and performance organizations such as Tuacahn. This benefits the community economically and provides richer educational avenues and experiences for our students.”