Trailblazer Stadium set as location for commencement

Dixie State University’s 107 Annual Commencement exercises will begin May 1 and end with the commencement ceremony on May 4.

Graduating students will be able to attend the grad fair from May 1-3. At the event, students can pick up their caps and gowns, pick up five free graduation announcements, purchase personalized announcements, and pick up any honor cords, stoles and certificates. Students can also sign the cloud in the Jeffrey R. Holland Centennial Commons Building on May 2.

The Dixie Academics Award Ceremony will begin May 3 at 4:30 p.m. in the Eccles Fine Arts Mainstage Theatre, and the Dixie Awards Ceremony will follow at 7:30 p.m. Commencement receptions for each major will take place at specific times and places on May 3.

Students studying the arts will meet from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Dolores Doré Eccles Fine Arts Gallery; students studying in the business and communication departments will meet from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Etel and Erno Udvar-Hazy Atrium; education students will meet from 6 to 7:15 p.m. in the Holland Centennial Commons Zion Room;  students studying humanities will meet in the Kenneth S. Gardner Center Ballroom from 6 to 7:30 p.m.; science and technology students will meet in the Snow Science Center study area from 6 to 7 p.m. and students studying health sciences will not have a reception.

The commencement ceremony will take place at the Trailblazer Stadium, despite the closing of Legend Solar and the termination of the contract between DSU and Legend Solar. Graduates must report to the lawn north of the Gardner Student Center before 7:15 a.m. with their tassels worn on the right, and the procession will begin at 8 a.m. The associate’s and bachelor’s degree commencement ceremonies have been combined.

Andrea Thomas, professor of marketing and director of business at the University of Utah, will be the featured speaker over the 1,762 students who applied to graduate in 2018, according to the email sent March 23. 

For questions regarding the commencement ceremony, students can contact [email protected].