Students graduating before July will receive a Dixie State University diploma

By Lily Taylor, guest writer

Students graduating this spring will receive the last round of Dixie State University diplomas. 

DSU’s spring 2022 graduation ceremony will be at the Greater Zion Stadium May 6. The graduates will begin walking to the ceremony at 7:30 a.m. and the ceremony will start immediately after. The ceremony is for students receiving a master’s, bachelor’s or associate degrees from DSU. 

Graduates will receive a red shell with a message letting them know the diploma will be sent in the mail within six to eight weeks. 

Graduation coordinator Kristie Davis said: “Students who graduate prior to July 1, 2022, will receive Dixie State University diplomas. Students who graduate after July 1, 2022, will receive a diploma from Utah Tech University.” 

Lindsey Cozad, a junior media studies major from Layton, will be walking in the ceremony to receive her associate degree. 

Cozad said: “When I enrolled to come here [in] the fall of 2020, I expected to graduate with my bachelor’s [degree] at Dixie State University. I am super excited about the name change and think that they will be able to do really amazing things with it, but I just wanted to get a degree that symbolizes the time that I spent at Dixie State.” 

The Greater Zion Stadium gates open at 6:30 a.m., and guests must be seated by 7:30 a.m. Graduates need to assemble with their college north of the Kenneth N. Gardner Student Center no later than 6:45 a.m. 

Megan Church, director of university events and promotions, said: “Graduates can pick up their caps and gowns at the Grad Fair on May 4 and 5 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. After graduates pick up their graduation regalia, it is theirs to keep.” 

Students will meet at the Stephen & Marcia Wade Alumni House, which is across from Greater Zion Stadium. At the Grad Fair, students will receive their cap, gown, cords, gifts and food. Students will also have the opportunity to join the DSU Alumni Association. 

“I also hope our graduates will stay connected to the university and come back and visit often for homecoming, athletic events, alumni events and so much more,” Church said. “Although May 6 may be many graduates’ last day as a student, they will always be a part of our university.”