Marion Kay Alexander

Marion Kay Alexander, age 89, passed away of causes incident to age, June 21, 2011 in St. George, Utah. He was born April 24, 1922, at Sego, Grand County, Utah. His parents were Marion Edgar Alexander and Velora Hyatt. He married Rovenna Perry, April 18, 1944, in Elko, Elko County, Nevada. She died January 1, 1960. They had a daughter, Patsy Kay Alexander Kunz. He married Reva Burrows December 29, 1961, in the Salt Lake Temple.

Kay’s family moved to Roosevelt, Utah where he attended grade school and graduated from high school. His father ran a trucking business, Kay being one of the drivers, hauling coal, groceries, cattle, etc. Kay later moved to Bingham, Utah and worked at the Kennecott Copper Mining Company. When World War II started in 1940, Kay did not want to be drafted, so he enlisted in the U.S. Navy. After two years in the Navy, he returned to Roosevelt working with his dad and ran a service station in Myton, Utah, a few miles from Roosevelt. Kay, his wife and daughter, later moved to Richfield, Utah where he built a Dairy Queen, and also one in Beaver, Utah. His wife was ill and he had to sell both businesses and move to Salt Lake City, where she died after a long illness. After marrying Reva, he worked for and retired from Questar Gas in Salt Lake City for twenty-five years.

Kay loved business, finances, the stock market, traveling with their fifth wheel, hiking all the trails in the many parks, visiting Europe, taking cruises, was a great visitor and wrote and typed his life story.

He is survived by his wife, Reva; daughter, Pat of Logan, UT; two grandchildren, Stephanie of Idaho and Joshua of Salt Lake City; three great-grandchildren; and two brothers, Earl of Vernal, UT and Robert Gail of Cedar Park, TX. He was preceded in death by his parents, first wife, four brothers, one sister and one grandchild.

Funeral services will be held Saturday, June 25, at 11:00 a.m. at the Morningside LDS Chapel, 879 S. River Rd., St. George. There will be a viewing on Friday, June 24, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at Spilsbury Mortuary, 110 S. Bluff St., St. George, and also Saturday, from 9:30-10:30 a.m. prior to services at the Chapel. Interment will take place Saturday, at 4:00 p.m. at the Hatch Cemetery, Hatch, UT.