Ann Thomas Kump

George, Utah – Ann Thomas Kump, affectionately known as Grannie Annie, peacefully passed away June 12, 2011. The St. George resident was a loving mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, sister, aunt and friend. She was 77.

Ann was born August 27, 1934 in Ogden, Utah to the late Jack and Mary Thomas. She attended Provo High School. Ann lived most of her life in Whittier, California where she was a realtor broker. She enjoyed spending time at the beach and her greatest joy came from time spent with family.

Ann was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Ann left behind a legacy of memories with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was a fun and devoted family member. She will always be remembered for her love to shop, witty sense of humor and tough skin. She loved to travel and was on the go until the very last day. Her love for clothes, jewelry and shoes was manifested by her always fashionable appearance.

Ann is survived by her four children: Kary Kump of Carpenteria, CA, Karla Richardson of St. George, UT, Kelly Kump of St. George, UT and Kevin Kump of Lake Arrowhead, CA; her sister, Marilyn Van Lueven of Orem, UT; 10 grandchildren; 5 great-grandchildren; and the love of her life, Lyn Treagele.

Private family services were held Saturday, June 18, 2011. Arrangement entrusted to the care of Metcalf Mortuary, (435) 673-4221.