Caroline Martha Burns

Hurricane, UT – Caroline Martha Burns, age 73, passed away early Monday morning, June 13, 2011 at her home in Hurricane, Utah with her husband and two of her daughters at her side. She was born Caroline Martha Ranslow, daughter of Elwin Ranslow and Hazel McPhee, on June 25, 1937 in Colombus, Ohio.

She spent her early childhood years in Whitehall and Albany, NY and later in Danbury, CT. As a young adult, she moved to the San Francisco Valley area of Southern California, where she lived most of her adult life and worked as a Licensed Vocational Nurse for several years. She moved to Hurricane, Utah in 2003. Caroline was preceded in death by her parents; her son, Walter G. Ward, III; and by granddaughter, Stacey Burns.

She is survived by her husband, William Burns of Hurricane, UT; daughters: Cheryl (Joe) Flynn of New Braunfels, TX, Tammy (Jerry) Thomas of North Las Vegas, NV and Sandra McKie of Prosser, WA; sons: Gary (Linda) Burns of Simi Valley, CA, Robert (Martha) Burns of Northridge, CA, William (Carol) Burns and Ronald (Diane) Burns of Bend, OR; 28 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and 3 great-great-grandchildren. She is also survived by her sisters: Margaret Driensky and Jerri (Donald) Troccola of Danbury, CT; and brother, Richard (Violet) Ranslow of Long, SC.

Cremation will follow a private memorial service. Arrangements entrusted to the care of Metcalf Hurricane Valley Mortuary, (435) 635-9922.