Shirley Mae Dearth Zwang

St. George, Utah – Shirley Mae Dearth Zwang passed away, at the age of 79, on July 1, 2011. She was born February 22, 1932 in Evanston, Wyoming to Frances Shirley and Wilford M. Price. She married Dee S. Dearth on August 11, 1954 in Evanston, Wyoming. They were later solemnized in the Salt Lake City LDS Temple. Following Dee’s passing, she married Frans Zwang on May 26, 1995 in South Jordan, Utah.

Shirley was raised in Evanston Wyoming with her three older sisters, Yvonne, Dorothy and Arlene. She graduated from Evanston High School and attended Utah State College. Besides being a great homemaker, mother and grandmother, she worked for Zion’s Bank and Asarco before retiring. She enjoyed playing the organ, traveling and being with her many special friends. Shirley is survived by her children: Deena Ross of St. George, Utah and Randy (Linda) Dearth of Vernal, Utah; step-children: Denis Zwang of Cedar City, Utah and Pam (Barney) Lynn of New Harmony; and many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held Wednesday, July 6, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. at the Bloomington Hills LDS 2nd Ward Chapel, 750 Ft. Pierce Drive, St. George, Utah. Visitation will be held Wednesday, prior to services, from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Chapel. Interment will be held Thursday, July 7, 2011 at 1:00 p.m. at the Evanston City Cemetery in Evanston, Wyoming. Arrangements entrusted to the care of Metcalf Mortuary, (435) 673-4221. We love you Grandma.