Car Accident Closes Northbound I-15

ST. GEORGE— Afternoon traffic was ground to a halt Monday, as a single vehicle accident near mile marker 15 on northbound I-15 closed all three lanes. A LaVerkin woman was driving northbound on I-15 Monday when witnesses say she lost control of the vehicle and struck the center divider. The vehicle veered to the right, missing other vehicles, and then to the left to strike the center cement divider before coming to rest in the far right lane.

When witnesses approached the woman, they discovered she appeared to be having a seizure, likely causing the accident. When medical personnel arrived on scene the woman was unconscious and still in the seizure, they called Life Flight. Traffic was restricted to one lane for about 30 mins and closed completely for the helicopter to land and take off in the northbound lanes.

Medical personnel were working to stabilize the woman when they say the seizure caused the woman to become combative. Once stabilized, the woman was air lifted to Dixie Regional Medical Center for treatment. No other vehicles were involved and all lanes of travel were open just in time for the after work rush. Trooper Martin Luther Turner III told SUN News he credited the wearing of seat belts and alert drivers around the woman saved this from being a much bigger accident.