Halloween: Southern Utah Kids Waiting with Baited Breath for the Sweet Holiday

Horror and terror are words associated with Halloween and when October starts inhabitants emerge to seek out the most terror-ific costumes to celebrate this spooky-fying holiday.

Halloween Spirit, located in St. George, is one place where these terror seekers are outfitted for their big day. Store manager Sylvia Cruz-Croft said kids come in looking for their favorite characters.

“Angry birds was really popular and little girls love Strawberry Shortcake,” Cruz-Croft said. “the boys, always super heroes, Batman, Superman, all those.”

These last few days before Halloween kids are on the prowl for the most unique costumes that are sure to get their goody bags filled to the brim with the holiday’s most prized commodity, candy. “I’m a dancer and I go to Onstage so I chose to be a dead ballerina this year,” said Shanae Roundy. Another costume enthusiast, Shelby Spaulding, said,  “I plan to be a zombie meets a pop-star and bites her and turns her into a zombie.”
Kids all over town are waiting with baited breath for this sweet holiday to arrive.

Aiden Carter-Handy said, “Going trick-o-treating, it’s very fun. You get to ask people some stuff and get treats.”

Aside from parents worrying about meeting expectations for candy and costumes, they also worry about the safety of their trick-o-theaters. Bruce Spaulding said he will be out there making sure his children have a fun and safe Halloween. “Just keeping an eye on everybody and making sure they stay out of the street to not get hit by cars,” he said.