Mad Chad returns to DSC to tell jokes, juggle chainsaws

You may think you’re pretty cool because you can juggle a handful of oranges, but Mad Chad Taylor begs to differ, and he’ll do so while juggling chainsaws–three of them. 

Mad Chad’s career as an entertainer began on the Venice Beach boardwalk when he was only 13 years old. What started out as simple juggling routines turned into a performance that has taken Mad Chad all over the world, as well as landed him gigs on some of the most popular variety shows on television, such as “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” and “Last Call with Carson Daly.”

As part of the inaugural W.O.W. events, DSCSA has invited Mad Chad back to astound students with his hazardous stunts and witty remarks that have earned him the nickname “The Evel Knievel of Comedy.” Mad Chad gives a performance that leaves the audience gasping from both shock and side splitting laughter as he pokes fun at audience members, juggles their cell phones (among other things), and performs stunts that leave you wondering how he gets through his shows in one piece.

Vice President of Student Life Sami Warnick, a senior business administration major from Wanship, said that Student Life coordinators decided to invite Mad Chad in hopes that the entertainer would produce a better turnout than the “Minute to Win It” activity they put on last year.

“Upperclassmen who were able to see Mad Chad in the past say he’s funny, talented and puts on a good show.” Warnick said. “I have spoken with various people who all agreed that they would love to see him perform again.”

Mad Chad sets world records, entertains audiences around the globe, still has all of his limbs, and is coming to put it all on the line again for the students at Dixie State today at 7:30 p.m. in the Gardner Ballroom. The show is free with a student ID and $5 without.