Seasiders too much for DSU women

With a 92-79 defeat against BYU-Hawaii, the Dixie State University women’s basketball team lost its second game of a three-game road trip. 

The Storm came into the game following a victory Saturday against the Chaminade University Silverswords, but the good fortune didn’t hold up Tuesday night.

DSU shot for just under 44 percent from the field in the first half but allowed its opponent to connect on nearly 55 percent of its 3-point attempts. The Storm also committed nine fouls during the first half, which sent the Seasiders to the line 14 times. BYUH sunk 13 of those foul shots.

The Storm committed 19 turnovers which allowed the Seasiders to outscore them in every quarter of the game. DSU never led in the game and eventually fell by a final score of 92-79. 

Senior center Taylor Mann led the way for the Storm as she recorded a double-double with 22 points and 13 rebounds.  Sophomore guard Sandria Bolden recorded 14 points, while senior guard Leslie Tademy finished with 13 points and seven assists. Junior guard Tomorie Sangster chipped in 10 points in the losing effort.

DSU will return home from its road trip and will take on Hawaii Pacific University Saturday at 5 p.m. before taking a seven-day hiatus and hosting California Baptist University Feb. 6.