Men’s golf finishes 7th

The Dixie State University men’s golf team finished seventh out of 15 teams in its final tournament of the regular season in Turlock, California.

“I was impressed with how we finished after how poorly we played the first day,” head coach Brad Sutterfield said. “The second day was really good for us, so we will have to try to [duplicate] that effort.”

It was a rough first day for the Trailblazers as they shot a plus-23 on the first day of the Hanny Stanislaus Invitational, leaving them in 13th place.

DSU bounced back big time on the second day shooting a combined minus-4 for the day and put itself in a much better position for a strong tournament finish.

Unfortunately for the Trailblazers, sophomore Nicklaus Britt was sick for the final day of the tournament. Britt was leading DSU with a 3-over for the tournament, and losing him hurt the chances for a better finish.

The remaining four players finished a combined plus-19 to finish seventh overall.

The two-time defending Pacific West Conference champion Trailblazers will head to Kahuku, Hawaii, on April 24th in search of a three-peat.

“We won’t be used to the conditions [in Hawaii] so we will have to be mentally prepared,” Sutterfield said. “We are going to work on our short game and try to be more consistent for the PacWest championships.”