Five cafes with Valentine’s Day themed desserts

The Sugar Cookie offers a 9-inch cookie as a Valentine’s Day special. The shop also sells The Cookie Jar dessert, a goodies basket, and a sugar cookie decorating kit for children. Photo by Kristi Shields.

While shops and cafes have different aspects to them, the one thing they have in common is celebrating Valentine’s Day.

If you’re looking for a little Valentine’s Day spirit, here are my top five favorite places around St. George that have special themed goodies.

The Sugar Cookie

This cute little shop goes over the top with it’s Valentine’s Day celebration, from big heart-shaped cookies to goodies baskets.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8fNoWxnHRs/

The vanilla flavored heart-shaped cookies are available in either 7 or 9 inches. You have the choice between pink or white frosting, red or pink sprinkles, and topped with edible letters spelling out “XOXO.” The 7-inch cookie costs $7.95 and the 9-inch cookie costs $11.95.

The Cookie Jar Valentine’s Day specialty flavor tastes of strawberry cheesecake, which includes sugar cookie frosting, strawberry and graham crackers. This delicious treat is basically a cheesecake in a small jar. It’s a perfect treat for on-the-go and costs $5.95.

The Cookie Jar Bucket, aka a goodies basket, includes a big conversation heart and mini cookies. It makes for a great gift for coworkers, friends or loved ones to show your love and appreciation for them. It costs $10.95.

“People love Valentine’s Day; it is the biggest holiday that we have here,” said Natalie Smith, the manager at The Sugar Cookie. “People just love, love; It’s nice to go above and beyond what people expect.”

If you’re a sugar cookie lover but want a little flair to it, check out The Sugar Cookie. The cookies even come in cute packaging.

The Sugar Cookie is located at 175 S. River Road #105 St. George, Utah 84790. It is open Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. and closed Sunday.

Waffle Love

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8g7IR5FMOD/

While Waffle Love doesn’t do any special flavors for Valentine’s Day, you don’t want to miss out on the special deals happening from Feb. 13-14. Waffle Love is hosting a Galentine’s Day theme on Feb. 13 where if a group of two or more girls go in with their girlfriends, take a picture, and post it on Instagram tagging @wafluvstg, they will receive a buy-one-get-one. The same deal goes for Feb. 14 except with your significant other.

Waffle Love provides specialty waffles such as Nutella, banana cream pie, cinnamon and sugar, raspberry and much more.

Waffle Love is located at 231 Red Cliffs Drive St. George, Utah 84790. It is open Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. – 10 p.m., closed Sunday.

TwentyFive Main Cafe and Cake

This cafe in the heart of downtown St. George has cupcakes that are to die for, seriously. The Valentine’s Day flavors consist of chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with frostings including coconut, peanut butter, chocolate and white or pink. 

My favorite is the chocolate cupcake with a thick, creamy peanut butter frosting. It was like a bite of chocolatey heaven.

The second best is a vanilla cupcake mixed with raspberry filling with pink frosting. This cupcake had just the right amount of raspberry where it’s tasty, but not too strong.

My third favorite is the chocolate chip chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting topped with sprinkles and a little red heart. This one tasted just like a brownie cupcake; it was really thick and soft and was the kind of chocolate that just melts on your tongue.

Lori Legg, manager and baker at TwentyFive Main Cafe and Cake, said she loves Valentine’s Day because she gets to meet customers and hear about their valentine’s stories.

“[I love] that everyone can stop and show love to someone that day,” Legg said. “It just makes you happy.”

TwentyFive Main Cafe and Cake is located at 25 N. Main St. St. George, Utah 84770. It is open Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. and closed Sunday.

Cold Stone Creamery

This ice cream shop offers a specialty ice cream and cake for Valentine’s day. The ice cream is called Falling in Chocolate. It is no ordinary chocolate ice cream; it’s a fudge truffle ice cream with brownie, fudge and whipped topping. The ice cream has a thick, chunky texture that sticks to the roof of your mouth as you eat it.

The heart-shaped cake, Fudge Truffle Decadence, can only be pre-ordered. It has five layers of moist, red velvet cake, sweet cream ice cream with chocolate shavings, and fudge truffle ice cream with chocolate shavings, wrapped in rich fudge ganache.

This dessert duo is perfect for a valentine’s dinner with your boo or even with your girlfriends. If you’re a sucker for thick chocolate, try these two desserts; it’s sure to leave your mouth watering just by thinking about it.

Cold Stone Creamery is located at 245 Red Cliffs Drive #4 St. George, Utah 84790. It is open Monday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.

FeelLove Coffee

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8jrXnNlMZP/

This coffee shop offers a special Valentine’s Day cake called I Love You Berry Much. If the name of the cake doesn’t catch your attention, I don’t know what will. The vanilla cake is layered with raspberry cream and a hint of blueberry with more raspberry cream spread on top. One bite of this cake gives your mouth a zing of raspberry. If you’re less of a sweet chocolate taster, be sure to try this one out.

“It’s fun to get things that are Valentine’s day themed, which I think a lot of people wouldn’t make on their own,” said Shaylee Johnson, a shift lead at FeelLove Coffee. “I love all the pink and chocolate-covered strawberries.”

FeelLove Coffee is located at 558 E. Riverside Drive #208, St. George, UT 84790. It is open Monday – Saturday 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.