Blackstone now selling affordable condos to Utah Tech students

Photo courtesy of Blackstone Property Group.

Sponsored post

Interview with Brady Deucher, owner of Blackstone:

Q: What have you been doing over the last few years?

A: Our team has been working on two projects. One of them is in Washington and one is in
Hurricane. The one in Hurricane is not down in the city, it’s at the end of Telegraph, just over
the Washington border it is an easy commute to St George. Both projects have finished
buildings and condos to sell.

Q: Tell us a little about the condos.

A: In order to do what we want to do, which is provide affordable condos to first time home
buyers, we need to design and build in a way that allows us to purchase material and turn the
contractors loose so all of our condos are upgraded with granite, high end carpet, and stainless
appliances that we can purchase in bulk so we can give a quality project at affordable pricing.
They are all 2 bed, 1 bath and about 920 square feet. They are perfect for young singles and
young married couples.

Q: How many condos will the projects have?

A: Washington will have a total of 72 and Hurricane will have 200 when the projects are
finished. We just got occupancy permits for building 1 in Washington and have kids moving in
with a few more to sell. Our Hurricane project is now selling building 2 with 3 and 4 under
construction.

Q: What do you mean by affordable?

A: Our condos are selling at $229,000. This means if you purchase one of these condos you can
have a payment lower than what it would cost to rent. We know it is hard to find a good rental
and we hope that kids will take a look at owning a condo rather than continuing to rent. We
actually have one for sale in Hurricane for $216,000 just to close that building out.

Q: Anything else we should know?

A: Yes, these condos can get regular conventional loans, Fannie, Freddie, and FHA loans which
means you can have lower credit, gifted down payment money, and even a co-signer so kids
can get a parent to co-sign and own their own place instead of throwing money away on rent.
Go to affordablecondos.net or stop by our projects at 1100 E Telegraph in Washington or at
Winding Way Drive in Hurricane.