Reward Offered for Info in Area Robberies

A rash of robberies within the last month is prompting law enforcement and city officials to offer a monetary reward.  The City of St. George has offered $1,000 for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for four different area robberies.  The suspect is described as a white male, 5’7” to 5’11”, 130-150 pounds and between 20-30 years old. 

The first robbery occurred on July 22 at the Kmart located at 745 South Bluff Street.  At the time, the suspect was wearing a grayish t-shirt, a black baseball cap, and a medical mask on his face with white latex gloves.

On July 28, St. George Police responded to the Intermountain Healthcare Instacare at 577 South River Road.  Authorities say a male walked in to the pharmacy showing a gun and demanding medications.  That suspect was described as a white male wearing a motorcycle helmet, rubber gloves, a black coat, and jeans.

Two weeks later, on August 15, the Professional Park Pharmacy on River Road was robbed by a man who entered on foot demanding pain medication at gun point.  He was seen with a blue v-neck type sweater with sweat-style pants and a long dark-haired wig.  Witnesses say the suspect had a mask on covering his mouth and nose, and a fishing-style hat.

The most recent robbery occurred one week ago on August 19 at the Smith’s Pharmacy at 20 North Bluff.  A man with a gun is said to have robbed the pharmacy inside the store, taking several prescription medications.

The St. George Police Department is asking citizens to be aware of anything in or around pharmacies.  If anything suspicious is observed, please contact the police department.

If you have seen a male matching any of the descriptions or have any information about these robberies, please contact Detective Adam Olmstead with the St. George Police Department at 627-4319.