St. George offers unforgettable date night locations for DSU students

Photo by Jessica Johnson.

You have worked up the courage to ask that special someone on a date, and now that they have said yes, it’s time to make a plan. Luckily, there are some unique spots here in St. George for great date opportunities.

“Hiking in Snow Canyon is always an awesome place to go,” said Bailey Buehner, a freshman graphic design major from South Jordan. “You have that excitement of discovery when you hike, and that makes a date more personal.”

This year is Snow Canyon’s 60th Anniversary, and this beautiful state park offers more than 38 miles of trails varying in difficulty and is home to diverse plants and animals. The park provides opportunities for climbing for those who are starting out for the first time and advanced climbers, as well as hiking, biking, horseback riding and more. To get into Snow Canyon, the cost is $10 per vehicle or $5 for pedestrians. 

Snow Canyon makes for a perfect opportunity to go exploring and share those common interests of adventure and the outdoors with your date. There is so much to see between volcanic rock and sand dunes, and this park is perfectly accommodating for any level of interest or skill.

• Dixie Bowl:
    • Monday – Thursday 11 a.m. – 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. – 12 a.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Located at 146 E. City Center St.

“You almost step back in time at Dixie Bowl,” said Kyle Seaich, a junior business administration major from St. George. “If you are into that it’s great for bowling, and they also have food, pool tables and an arcade so there is more than one activity if you want to do more.”

Dixie Bowl is an intimate place that boasts an old style charm with 12 bowling lanes, pool tables and arcade games. This place is truly a hidden gem. The staff is friendly, the food is decent and they offer tournament bowling if you are up to the challenge.

• Laser Mania Family Fun Center:
    • Monday – Thursday 4 p.m. – 10 p.m., Friday 2 p.m. – 11 p.m., and Saturday 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Located at 67 UT-34.

Alec McCormick, a sophomore film major from Las Vegas, said: “One of the best places for a date is Laser Mania. Not only is it really fun, but it doesn’t cost a lot to have a good time.” 

Laser Mania is located in the heart of the downtown area, and they offer blacklight mini golf, laser tag, virtual reality, a 4-D movie ride, bumper cars and an arcade. 

McCormick said Laser Mania makes for a great date night because doing fun activities is more special than the typical dinner and a movie.

Laser Mania has one of the best arcades in St. George. Not only that, but all of the activities they offer are reasonably priced. The blacklight mini golf is so unique, and the welcoming staff gives Laser Mania such a lively vibe.

• Mystery Escape Room:
    • Monday – Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Located at 46 W. St. George Blvd.

Anna Platero, a junior criminal justice major from Helper, said: “There is so many fun places around here, but I love to go to the escape room. The goal is to escape from an area before the time runs out, so it is the perfect group date activity.”

Platero said there are several different rooms you can choose to escape from, and each room has a unique theme so that keeps things interesting, because this date activity requires teamwork.

Mystery Escape Room is located in Ancestor Square in downtown. Prices differ based on the time and room you choose. 

Between unleashing your inner adventurer or showing off your bowling skills, there are many places in St. George to have an amazing date night neither of you will forget.