Chaos: What is it?

Dixie State University’s annual Halloween party Chaos is going to be held Oct. 30. DSU is planning for a 6,000 person capacity at its biggest event of the year. Photo curtesy of DSUSA.

The biggest party of the year is coming up this Saturday night, are you going to be there?

Dixie State University’s annual Halloween party Chaos is going to be held Oct. 30, this is your chance to party it up. DSU had to cancel Chaos last year due to COVID-19, so there are two classes of students who have yet to attend the biggest party of the year.

“Chaos is going to be the biggest event that we’ve ever put out at this university and we are planning for a 6,000 [person] capacity, so it is going to be the biggest event ever done at Dixie State for students,” said Devon Rice, a junior business marketing major from Bountiful.

You can now purchase tickets and keep in mind the price will go up as the week continues.

“Definitely buy tickets before they get to the door, if they have friends from northern Utah, anywhere in Utah, we are the only university in Utah that is allowing outside students into this event,” Rice said.

You may think it is just a dance party, but it is much more than just that. Here are the events you can expect to see at Chaos this year, along with the iconic dance party:

• Haunted house
  • Oxygen Bar
  • Carnival games
  • Fortune teller
  • Tarot card reader
  • Photo booth
  • Silk ariel performance

“This is the event of the year, we bring in all the stops to make it an unforgettable experience for all of our students,” said Kristen Crawford, a junior business administration major from Provo.

Crawford also serves as DSUSAs lead event planner, her and her team have worked hard to ensure this event is perfect for each student at DSU. Their goal for this years Chaos is to have the most renowned dance party in the state. Another goal is to bring students together to not only meet fellow DSU students, but also students from other universities.

“I am just looking forward to hitting that goal of over 5,000 students coming to an event, that will be monumental and that is gonna set the precedent for the future of the university,” Rice said.

Rice is the vice president of student life for DSUSA as he helps plan all of the events for students. He said all of the events are planned by students, for students.

Crawford said: “It’s a huge event that I and so many others have put so much work into. I’m excited to see how many people we can bring together. This is an event that people will be talking about for years, and I’m excited to be an integral part of it.”

It is important to note the following will not be allowed: bags, Halloween costume masks, fake or real weapons, and reentry. Ensure that you follow these simple guidelines and you will be able to have a blast while also being and feeling safe.

The event will be held in the Burns Arena and softball parking lot and will start at 9 p.m.