Hangout hotspots in St. George

Dixie Rock is one of the most popular hang out spots in St. George. Students can hike with their friends to hang out, listen to music or stargaze. Photo courtesy of UMAC.

St. George is a hotspot for college students, tourists and residents. Dixie State University draws its students in with the beautiful red rocks and outdoor activities. 

There are many places around St. George that college students frequent; outdoor and indoor. I asked DSU students their favorite places to hang out. If you are looking for a fun place to hang out, here are options for you.

Dixie Rock

Dixie rock is a staple for St. George. It is a hotspot for tourists and residents. There are tons of trails surrounding it that are fun to explore and discover new areas. The rock overlooks the city of St. George with gorgeous views. At night, you can see the city lights and might even catch a shooting star. 

“In the fall semester, me and my friends like to go up to the Dixie rock in the early mornings with our Dutch Bros and watch the sunrise,” said Zoe Hansen, a freshmen media studies major from Idaho Falls, Idaho. “We also like to do homework up there as well.”

She said it helps relieve the stress of being a student by going up at night, looking over the city lights and listening to music. 

Hot tubs

Hot tubbing is a great way to meet new people and make friends. Almost all of the off-campus housing units have a pool and hot tub at the disposal of its residents. It’s a great way to relieve stress and put yourself out there.

“Hot tubs are fun to hang out at because it’s a good way to meet new people especially in your apartment building or just around campus,” said Nataly Dockstader, a freshman general education major from Tooele. “That’s how I have met a lot of my friends down here at college.”  

Cafe FeelLove

Cafe FeelLove is a small coffee shop in Ancestor Square known for their specialty coffees and trendy foods. It’s a great place to get a cup of coffee and have a study session or hang out with friends. 

“My favorite place to hang out is Cafe FeelLove because I can go and get some good coffee, have a fun place to hang out and chat with friends or study,” said Tyree Hale, a freshman general education major from Riverton. 

Cafe FeelLove has a wide variety on their menus that aren’t too expensive for students. If you’re not into coffee, they also have a wide variety of teas and infused waters and lemonades. They offer a large menu of breakfast and lunch foods with a small boutique in the store. 

Dixie Bowl

There’s a great center for bowling and other games at Dixie Bowl. They have pool tables and a grill if you’re looking to eat while you play. 

“I like hanging out at Dixie Bowl because they have good prices and I enjoy the environment,” said Alexander Andersen, a senior communication studies major from Los Angeles, California. 

Bowling is a cheaper option for students and it’s a great environment to spend time with your friends. 

There are plenty of fun places to hang out and meet new people. Any of these hang out spots are great places to study, meet people and hang out with friends. It can be hard getting out into town as a college student, but finding these places are a great way to get away from the stress of being college students.