OPINION | St. George is not fun after the sun goes down

Nightlife in Saint George is not the best; however, there are a lot of things to do on the following day. Misha Mosiichuk | Sun News Daily

St. George is a college-student populated town with no night life.

With Utah Tech University being the center of St. George, and ultimately the reason many people come to this great town, there is nothing for college students to enjoy after classes and homework are done. The reason being that food, entertainment and general facilities close at 9 p.m.

I am a full-time college student and I work a full time job. On four out of seven days of the week, I work until 9:30 p.m. Usually I go straight from school to work with maybe a snickers bar to get me through the day. When I get off work, I would love to go get food. Unfortunately, it feels like most every food facility in St. George closes at 9 p.m.

Here are some of the places college students cannot enjoy after sunset:

Chick-Fil-A

Chick-Fil-A is a fan-favorite and is commonly a go to for college students. It’s close to nearly everything, and some chicken from Chick-Fil-A never sounds like a bad idea. If you’re like me, you get cravings for Chick-Fil-A when you can’t have it. For example, on Sunday it is closed like many other food options, although, that is another story.

St. George Escape Rooms

This enjoyable entertainment center is great to go to with a group of friends. You get to work together and try to escape the set up room with clues and hints. The thrilling part is watching the clock tick down until your doom. This is a fun experience for college students to enjoy with a group of friends or even a group date.

Don’t get too excited, you won’t be able to enjoy the fun after 8:45 p.m.

House of Jump

The House of Jump is the only indoor trampoline park in Southern Utah. Not only does it have trampolines, it has climbing walls, dodgeball, basketball, a stunt pit, and much more. House of jump has a variety of activities for everyone.

College students can let off stress and worry here, and ultimately jump their problems away, but make sure you do it before they close at 9 p.m.

Red Cliffs Mall

Red Cliffs Mall is one of the only ”bigger” malls in St. George. It has a wide variety of clothing stores, shoe stores, makeup stores, book stores and a food court. They have big name stores such as Dillards, JCPenney, Barnes and Noble, Bath and Body Works and much more.

Like a lot of other companies in the St. George area they also close early. Except, you might be surprised because this mall doesn’t close at 9 p.m.; It actually closes at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. on Fridays. So if you thought 9 p.m. was early, its not for St. George.

The Fashion Place Mall in Murray, stepped up its game and is actually open until 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and open until 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Therefore it is not uncommon for malls to be open past 7 p. m. especially for a college town.

Red Hills Desert Garden

Red Hills Desert Garden is a beautiful conservation garden and is actually Utah’s first. It has about 5,000 desert plants, dinosaur tracks, a stream and many other sights. Not only is it pretty in the day time, but it thrives at night. The track is lit up, and there are swinging benches that overlook the city.

Make sure to go check this sight out before it closes at 10 p.m. This might be one of the few places in the city that doesn’t close at 9 p.m.

Fiesta Fun Family Fun Center

Fiesta Fun is a great place for college students to hang out, relax and have fun. There are many different activities involving two nine hole mini golf courses, bumper cars, arcade games and bowling alleys.

The best part about this fun center is that it closes at 11 p.m.

Out of all the fun places things to do in St. George, it really is a bummer that most close pretty early. Most college students are up later than 9 p.m. and want something fun and relaxing to do after work is done. Even if places around town closed just an hour later, it would benefit the college students.