5 entertainment releases for March 2023

The five big entertainment releases of March 2023. Brynlee Wade | Sun News Daily

From Keanu Reeves kicking butt and taking names to legendary video games becoming even more legendary, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to pull one’s eyes away from the screen.

Here are five big entertainment releases for March 2023.

The Mandalorian” Season 3

The adventures of Din Djarin and Grogu continue as they search for redemption for traditions broken. Sorry for being vague with the plot synopsis, but “The Mandalorian” has always been full of twists and turns that need to be seen to be truly appreciated.

“The Mandalorian” was a premiere show for Disney+ when the streaming service launched in late 2019 and essentially revitalized Star Wars as a storytelling medium.

Even with a multitude of new Star Wars TV shows releasing this year, “The Mandalorian” continues to show why the galaxy far, far away has so much more to offer.

New episodes of “The Mandalorian” premiere every Wednesday on Disney+ until April 19.

“Scream VI”

Do you like scary movies? Then you may have already seen this new entry into this beloved horror franchise that pokes fun at other horror franchises.

“Scream VI” sees the return of the main cast of “Scream” (2022) with a surprising lack of legacy characters in favor of putting the focus on the new blood of the previous film.

Ghost Face is back for the sixth time with a more intense approach as it seems this iconic killer is taking things up a notch in terms of brutality. That brutality seems to have worked with critics and audiences as the film is garnering positive reviews and lots of love from fans of the franchise.

“Scream VI” is now in theaters with an expected digital release April 25.

“Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves”

While “Dungeons & Dragons” is no stranger to the big screen, many fans of the iconic roleplaying game have been waiting for a new attempt at a proper D&D film to wash their mouths of the previous attempt.

This new film stars Chris Pine as the leading bard of the film with a focus on snarky storytelling akin to what the Marvel Cinematic Universe has been doing lately. This is not a bad thing as critics are enjoying “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves.”

The film appears to balance said snarky overtone with an emotional story about correcting one’s mistakes. Hopefully this is but one of many high rolls for D&D as a film franchise.

“Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves” will be released in theaters March 31.

Resident Evil 4 (2023)

Resident Evil is often cited as the true beginning for the survival horror genre in video games. The same can be said about Resident Evil 4 when it released on Nintendo GameCube in 2005. It revolutionized the over-the-shoulder camera that is popular in many releases to this day, and it also revitalized the genre it’s cited for creating in the first place.

So when a remake of Resident Evil 4 was announced in 2022, many fans were skeptical as they felt the original didn’t need the remake treatment. Fast forward to today with Resident Evil 4 (2023) releasing to extreme acclaim and fanfare from fans.

Resident Evil 4 (2023) was never meant to replace the original. It’s meant to be a celebration of why the original was so important in the first place while expanding on certain elements.

Resident Evil 4 (2023) is now available for PlayStation 5 and 4, Xbox Series X, Series S and PC.

“John Wick: Chapter 4”

It’s not often a film franchise can still stand strong after four films, yet John Wick proves it’s still possible to do so with style.

Keanu Reeves returns as the titular assassin with even more high-octane stunt work and storytelling for audiences to enjoy.

The John Wick franchise continues to escalate the stakes and consequences with each release and it’s clear both audiences and critics can’t get enough of Wick.

“John Wick: Chapter 4” is now available to see in theaters.

March has been a dangerous time to have a full wallet. All that hard-earned cash could be whisked away in an effort to experience the many entertainment releases scattered throughout the month. Time will tell if the rest of 2023 will continue to impress.