Some just naturally good at school

Natural talent is a necessary trait for success that many aren’t blessed with.

Some students seem to effortlessly earn perfect grades and perfect tests scores. Learning comes naturally to them and everything seems easy. Other students really work their butts off to get decent grades, and they struggle to overcome procrastination and understand difficult subjects. 

There are many things that determine a person’s success. But in college, being gifted with natural book-smart talent is one of the most helpful attributes to a successful college career.

Those with natural talent will always have an edge over those without it. Some believe that they can overcome not having natural talent by extreme amounts of hard work. But in some cases, this is not possible. We need to use what talents we are given, and if we’re not blessed with natural talent, we need to find something that can help us overcome that weakness.

In elementary school, I could never figure out why it was so hard for me to do well on my spelling quizzes. In junior high school, I wondered why I couldn’t pass my health test. And in high school, I was frustrated that it took me five times longer than my classmates to memorize the Declaration of Independence. With substantial work, I got through high school with a 3.6 GPA. If I’d been blessed with natural school talent, I would have been able to achieve a 4.0 GPA like my peers. A lot of my friends had a natural talent and effortlessly finished off high school with a 4.0 GPA.

It has always taken me longer than other students to grasp ideas in school, and I would definitely say that it has been a burden on me.

Everyone has their good traits and bad traits. But I’m not naturally book-smart. I have felt the effects of that in my school work and other things in life.

Grades are not what are most important. Students can cheat their way through school and get a 4.0 GPA, and others can try extremely hard and only get a 2.0 GPA. 

I know people who were not considered smart and did not get good grades in high school and college, but they are still very successful.

Being blessed with natural talent plays a big part in a person’s success. Some can pass tests and earn perfect grades effortlessly, but others are not blessed with the ability to do that. People who aren’t must find a way to overcome this challenge.