New DSU website reveal postponed

Dixie State University has postponed the release of its new website debut yet again, but all will be revealed soon.

Aaron Campbell, director of web services, said the DSU main site would be revised and updated to better help users; however, when the initial release date of the new site came around, it was not ready to launch.

Now that the new school year has come, Campbell said that the new release date would be on Aug. 13, but once again this date has been pushed back. The new launch date of the website has been set to Aug. 27.

Campbell said, “[The new website] fell during registration period, so to avoid any complications there we decided to delay it a couple of weeks.”

Once this new website is released, current and future students should have a much simpler time finding the information they need, Campbell said. Any potential conflicts will be solved with the new feedback link that will be provided.

The main focus of the new website is to make users’ experience much simpler and to offer the information needed without the “spaghetti bowl of links,” Campbell said.

Frustrations with the current website have been expressed by students.

“Sometimes when I am using the search bar, it is hard to find what I want,” said Sara Whitehead, a sophomore integrated studies major from Hurricane.

Whitehead said when she first became a student here at DSU she was not fond of the opening page of DSU’s current website. She said since she already decided to attend DSU, she was not looking for already known information about the school.

Zane Burgess, a freshman general studies major from American Fork, said, “I definitely think that the [updated] website would be a really good resource, especially for freshmen.”