OPINION | Disneyland is the happiest place on earth

There is only one themed park that evokes pure joy and brings all youth memories back to life, that’s Disneyland. Ernesto Caballero Santos, a sophomore music education major from Saint George, is one of those fans. Misha Mosiichuk | Sun News Daily

If you don’t think Disneyland is the happiest place on earth, you’re doing it wrong.

Disneyland offers the full theme park experience. There is entertainment for all ages, attractions and good food.

There is a noticeable, special feeling the second you step on “The Walk of Magical Memories.” Whether it is the smell of freshly baked goods and popcorn or the magical firework show, there is no doubt that you will leave with a smile on your face.

Nostalgic

“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy” is one of the first signs you will see walking into Disneyland. After reading the quote, you can pay attention to the different posters displayed near it and throughout the park.

These movie posters simply display the past and present Disney movies, but I personally admire the reminders of how far Disney has come. Not only do they offer visual representations of Disney’s greatest achievements, but they are also a preview of what attractions you may find in the park.

Although Disneyland is always renovating and adding rides, you will still want to keep the original attractions in your mix.

There are still 13 attractions operating that have been at the park since the opening day. One of the most popular rides amongst the 13 is Peter Pan’s Flight. Despite the fact that this ride has been running since 1955, it is arguably one of the best storytelling rides Disneyland has to offer.

Peter Pan’s Flight perfectly encompasses the movie by taking you over the city of London and other scenes of the movie.

Even though the prices and technology may change at Disneyland, the core attractions will always bring the same nostalgia you experienced when you were a kid.

You can watch your favorite movies come to life

Disneyland goes above and beyond when it comes to bringing the magic to life. The most recent example of this is the movie “Star Wars.”

The new state-of-the-art Rise of Resistance ride is the most technologically advanced theme park attraction in existence today. This attraction is a combination of audio-animatronics, screen-based media, motion simulations, and more to make it feel like you are truly on a secret mission.

I was truly stunned the first time I rode this ride. Although we waited almost 70 minutes, it was worth every second.

This ride was unlike any theme park ride I had rode before. The technology and the surprises Rise of the Resistance offered were mind-blowing and something you have to experience in person to understand.

Along with the movie-based attractions, there are handfuls of your favorite characters around the park at all times. If you are lucky, you will catch them doing stunts and other acts.

Entertainment at every corner

Not only does Disneyland have 58 attractions to choose from, it has a variety of entertainment to ensure there is never a dull moment.

This entertainment can be as small as a character walking around and interacting with guests to incredible nighttime shows starring Mickey Mouse. The entertainment that is provided throughout Disneyland adds to the magical experience that other theme parks lack.

While at Disneyland, you can enjoy street performers, live music and fireworks to name a few. No matter how many times you go, you will always find a new type of entertainment to enjoy with your family and friends.

My favorite entertainment Disneyland offers is the “Fantasmic!” show. This show escalates the Rivers of America to a thrilling act that has fireworks, music and stunts that incorporates Disney’s favorite characters.

Walt Disney himself said it best: “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.”

If you are on the fence, take a trip to the happiest place on earth. You won’t be disappointed.