The future of the Red Cliffs mall caters to the community

Red Cliffs is constantly working on new projects throughout the shopping center to bring more entertainment and shopping to customers. Annie Muirbrook | Sun News Daily

The Red Cliffs mall is getting new stores, restaurants and events making the indoor complex the “place to be.”

As the only indoor mall between Las Vegas and the Wasatch Front, the Red Cliffs mall is adding renovations that cater to the community’s needs. Having a mall that is clean, easy to get to and has stores for every demographic is what the Red Cliffs mall is trying to accomplish.

Recently, construction has been active in the complex. Stores and restaurants have been closing and opening, making room for the newly envisioned mall.

General Manager Cory Ashby said: “It was time. We knew that St. George and the Southern Utah Community deserved better than what we were giving them. We have always felt that if you are not changing, you are falling behind.”

Inside the mall, a poster is displayed by Dillard’s showing the future of the mall. Illustrations of families together and new stores and restaurants bring a new aesthetic to the once-dated mall.

Since the new ownership in 2017, the mall complex and other stores have gone through persistent change and improvement. Adding stores like H&M in 2018 and an interior remodel in 2019 has revamped the new vision of Red Cliffs.

Not only will Red Cliffs bring new stores and vendors, but they are also hosting events to bring the community together.

Some upcoming events include:

• Concerts on the Terrace: April 9, April 29, May 13 and May 27 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. with food trucks, local musicians and free admission.
  • Yoga and spin events at LuluLemon: every Sunday throughout spring

Red Cliffs management is looking forward to hosting future events like farmers markets, country line dancing and much more.

“We knew that we had to do something to make sure we stayed relevant to the changes of not only the college portion of the town but both the tourism and influx of people moving to the area,” Ashby said.

Haley Elliott, a junior criminal justice major from Denver who works at Buckle Youth said, “I think if they actually took the time, they could make it [Red Cliffs] much better.”

Red Cliffs has a wide variety of stores and dining catering to college students. Some stores include:

One thing to note is that most of the stores at Red Cliffs are the only stores in the area. The nearest Bath and Body Works outside of St. George is in Las Vegas.

“We also want to curate Red Cliffs in a way that there is something for everyone,” Ashby said. “We really want people to feel comfortable and spend time at Red Cliffs while shopping.”

Red Cliffs mall management is still working on construction and renovations around the complex. New restaurants and shops will be opening throughout the year.

For more information, their website is https://www.redcliffsmall.com/.