Disneyland price increase doesn’t out weigh feeling of nostalgia offered in the parks

Sleeping Beauty Castle looking down Main Street at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., on June 30, 2017. (Gary Coronado/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

Disneyland has been marketed as the “Happiest place on Earth,” but that might not be true going forward as ticket prices continue to rise. 

Spring break for Dixie State University students is just around the corner, so before Disneyland becomes something completely unattainable to students I suggest you go now. 

According toTime.com in the “Everyday Money” column, both Disneyland and Disneyworld have increased their prices by $2 as of Feb. 12. That amount might seem small now, but Disney had been steadily increasing its prices for years. 

That same article about steadily increasing ticket prices shows that majority of ticket price changes do not begin at the start of the new year but rather toward the end of February. To me this seems to be a target toward college students alike. Majority of institutions have spring break during the month of March, so why can’t Disneyland push its price increases until after that month?

Currently Disneyland tickets range from $97 to $135 for one Disney park in the month of March. 

Consider the prices of Disneyland during the early 2000s; 10 years ago ticket prices were nowhere near $100, but rather a nice price of $75. 

Disney does continue to improve its products and entertainments, making the ticket worth its value. But what more can they do if the ticket price continues to rise?

For the price of a $100 ticket you get a variety of rides 

available to you, with seven lands to choose from your opportunities for amusement rides exceeds 45 attractions.

Don’t let that ticket increase discourage you from having a good time.

Plan out your day so you’ll get your money’s worth; with opening hours as early as 7 a.m. and closing hours at 8 p.m., you have more than enough time to earn your money’s worth.

I think there is so much more Disneyland can provide for its consumers who are willing paying for the gradual ticket increases. 

Although many people would complain about the ticket prices being raised, I also believe it to be a necessary economic tactic. Every year more people attend Disneyland, forcing the company to raise prices in order to accommodate the human capacity.

It’s practically every college students dream to get the full California experience, so why not start by attending Disneyland?  

This $2 increase is not even that bad, imagine within in a couple more years the prices will increase once more. 

With a increase of a minimum of $2 a year it’s unclear to know what ticket prices will look like this time next year. In one year Disneyland increased its ticket prices by a high of $6 in February of 2015.

This steady incline is a direct threat to our entertainment needs, soon it may be that college students alike will not be able to afford tickets to Disneyland at all. 

So now is the time to save what money you do have and make the most of the happiest, yet costly place on earth. 

The overall experience of Disneyland and childhood atmosphere will definitely brighten your day even though your pockets may be empty.