Our view: Most anticipated movies of 2023

Elissa Aguayo | Sun News Daily

After days of thinking, the Sun News Daily staff each debated and decided on the movies they are most excited to see in 2023.

To get you thinking, here are a few of the movies you can expect to see next year:

• “Magic Mike’s Last Dance”
  • “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania”
  • “Creed III”
  • “The Super Mario Bros. Movie”
  • “The Little Mermaid”
  • “Barbie”

Before you keep reading, take a look at the Rotten Tomatoes “34 Most Anticipated Movies of 2023” list, so you can continue to read this article with your own opinions; however, no promises that your opinion won’t change. Our staff members are pretty convincing.

Personally, I can’t wait to see Timothee Chalamet take the stage as Willy Wonka in “Wonka.” There isn’t ever a time to me that watching “Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory” doesn’t sound fun, and now that Chalamet is going to be the main character, I am even more stoked.

Now, the list doesn’t end here, and as the editor-in-chief of the Sun News, I asked a few of my staff members which movie they are going to drool over in 2023. Here’s what they said.

Copy editor Leslie Smart – “The Little Mermaid”

“I am most excited for ‘The Little Mermaid’ because there is going to be new added songs, so it is going to be a little different than the original animated movie. I feel like Disney live actions are either hit or miss, so I am excited to see if it is going to be great because ‘The Little Mermaid’ is already iconic. But, Lin Manuel Miranda is in charge of music, so it should be fine.”

News editor Joe Boyle“Barbie”

“I’m most excited for the ‘Barbie’ movie because Ryan Gosling is really good and fun, and it is being directed by Greta Gerwig who is like one of the best directors working. She’s awesome.”

Video editor Kelsa Lundstedt – “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny”

“I am most excited for the Indiana Jones movie because it reminds me of my childhood, and I love Harrison Ford.”

News anchor Frankie Medina – “Scream 6”

“I am most excited for ‘Scream 6.’ I love all those movies; I have all of them on DVD, and I am just really excited for the story and the plot line.”

Graphic designer Elissa Aguayo – “The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes”

“I am most excited for the new ‘Hunger Games’ movie. I love ‘The Hunger Games,’ and I haven’t watched them in a long time.”

Staff writer Angel Wood – “The Little Mermaid”

“I am most looking forward to ‘The Little Mermaid’ because I feel like we’ve all been waiting a really long time for it, and I love the Disney, live-action remakes.”

Video reporter Laura White – “Creed III”

“I’m most excited for “Creed III” to come out because it has the love of my life Michael B. Jordan in it.”

Features editor Bailey Chism – “Avatar: The Way of Water”

“The movie I’m most looking forward to in 2023 has to be the new ‘Avatar: The Way of Water.’ The first one was such an iconic movie, and I can’t wait to see what they do with the new one.”

News anchor Stockton Myers – “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny”

“It’s the fifth film of a beloved action adventure series. Indiana Jones is my favorite movie character of all time. He’s not your perfect hero by any means. He’s quite the jerk at times, but he always ends up doing the right thing in the end. It also helps that the third film, ‘Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,’ is my favorite film of all time.”

It’s your turn

Are you looking forward to an action-packed year of movies or maybe a more subtle movie watching experience with a Disney remake? We want to know. What movies are you excited to see next year? Head to @sunnews_daily on Instagram to tell us.